Links to Post-Forum Resources
- Platinum Sponsor Preti Flaherty's summary of the bill: The 2013 Maine Omnibus Energy Bill.
- Efficiency Maine's Energy Bill Summary.
- Kay Mann's forum report: GreenEnergyMaine.com.
In the closing days of the 2013 legislative session, Maine’s House and Senate overwhelmingly supported an omnibus energy bill that aims to reduce heating and electricity costs, increase energy efficiency, and expand natural gas infrastructure in Maine. The bipartisan legislation, assembled from 12 separate bills, is being called “historic” and "landmark" in its approach to energy policy – but "how" and "why" and “what” will really change in your town, business, and home?
On July 17, E2Tech will host Maine’s energy leaders as they dissect the new law and provide guidance on next steps, implementation of key provisions and impacts on businesses and homeowners.
• Patrick Woodcock, Director, Governor’s Energy Office
• Thomas Welch, Chairman, Maine Public Utilities Commission
• Michael Stoddard, Executive Director, Efficiency Maine Trust
• Timothy Schneider, Maine Public Advocate
• Introduction: Tony Buxton, Partner, Preti Flaherty
• Moderator: Jeff Thaler, University of Maine Schools of Law and Economics
Directions to SMCC Midcoast Campus at http://www.smccme.edu/info/campusesvisit/midcoast-campus.html.
For any questions, please contact Jeff Marks at firstname.lastname@example.org or (207) 956-1970.