Charging Ahead: Business Opportunities in the Transition to EVs
Perspectives from Maine and Quebec
Are we now on the cusp of a massive market transition? Some say that soon, having an EV charger outside your business will be as essential as having a website. This E2Tech forum will discuss recent developments in EV technology and resulting business opportunities, particularly when taking advantage of the fact that our neighboring Province of Quebec has among the highest rates of EV adoption in the world. We’ll learn:
- What is the state of the new technology, from vehicles to chargers, that is making driving EV's more realistic and possible, and what is the status of the transition in Maine and the region?
- What advantages does Maine have because of proximity to Quebec -- which has the second highest rate of EV adoption (after California) in North America, and among the highest rates of EV drivership in the world?
- Business Opportunities:
- What are Maine businesses doing to take advantage of and benefit from the EV transition?
- How does this tie to the goals of the Maine Climate Action Plan, which outlines getting 200,000 new EV’s registered over the next 10 years
- What can we learn from Quebec’s early headstart with EVs? How can Maine companies cultivate an international customer base?
With an international panel moderated by Michael Stoddard, executive director of the Efficiency Maine Trust; and France Lampron, director of Transportation Electrification at Hydro Quebec, we’ll hear from business leaders on both sides of the border, including:
- George Parmenter (Hannaford, ME): attracting retail shoppers
- Rose Lenoff (Manager for Smart cities & Government - FLO, QC): Building a charger network – challenges, opportunities, services -- on both sides of the border
Come away with a greater understanding of the EV opportunity here in Maine and in the region, with this informative and timely E2Tech forum.
Other speakers to be announced.
Zoom Webinar details provided upon confirmation of paid registration
IN PARTNERSHIP WITH
Annual Silver Sponsors & Partners
E2Tech events are FREE for members of the press, Maine students, Elected Public Officials, and State of Maine Employees. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be registered under these categories.
E2Tech Sustaining Partners
SUSTAINING CHAMPION: BURNS & McDONNELL
SUSTAINING LEADERS: BERNSTEIN, SHUR, SAWYER & NELSON, POWERMARKET, SMRT ARCHITECTS & ENGINEERS
SUSTAINING STEWARDS: ARCADIA, BOYLE ASSOCIATES, CENTRAL MAINE POWER, CIANBRO CORPORATION, DNV GL, EAST BROWN COW, EATON PEABODY, GZA, HDR, HQUS, NORTHEAST BANK, NOVATUS ENERGY, OCEAN RENEWABLE POWER COMPANY, PERKINS THOMPSON, PIERCE ATWOOD, QUEBEC GOVERNMENT OFFICE (BOSTON), REVISION ENERGY, RLC ENGINEERING, SEVEE & MAHER ENGINEERS, ST. GERMAIN, STANTEC, SUMMIT NATURAL GAS, SUNRUN, TETRA TECH, TRC, VERRILL